WHAT IS MICRO NEEDLING?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that uses fine needles to create controlled micro-injuries on the skin, stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, and promoting skin rejuvenation. This process helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and hyperpigmentation, leaving your skin looking smoother, firmer, and more youthful.
At our clinic, we use the latest technology and techniques to ensure that our Microneedling treatment is safe, effective, and tailored to your specific needs. Our team of professionals has years of experience in this field and is committed to providing you with the best possible service and care.
WHAT IS NANO NEEDLING?
Nano Needling, also known as Microchanneling, is a gentler alternative to Microneedling. Nano Needling involves the use of a device that contains short, hair-like needles that only reach the epidermis. The length of the needles used during a Nano Needling treatment ranges from 0.25mm to 0.5mm.
During a Nano Needling session, the needles create tiny channels in the epidermis, allowing topical products to penetrate deeper into the skin. This process helps to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation.
Nano Needling is a less invasive procedure than Microneedling, and therefore may require less downtime. Patients may experience mild redness and sensitivity in the treated area for a few hours after the treatment. Nano Needling is an ideal option for those with sensitive skin or who are looking for a less invasive treatment.
BENEFITS OF MICRONEEDLING
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Microneedling promotes the production of collagen and elastin, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves skin texture and tone: The increase in collagen production stimulated by Microneedling can also improve skin texture and tone, resulting in smoother, more even skin.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation and scarring: Microneedling can improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation and scarring by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin and promoting skin cell turnover.
- Enhances product absorption: The tiny punctures created by Microneedling allow skincare products to penetrate deeper into the skin, enhancing their efficacy and results.
- Minimally invasive: Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that requires no downtime. Patients may experience some redness and sensitivity in the treated area for a few days after the treatment, but can typically resume their normal activities immediately.
- Safe for all skin types and colors: Microneedling is safe for all skin types and colors, making it an ideal option for a wide range of patients.
- Improves overall skin health: Regular Microneedling treatments can help to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin, making it look brighter, smoother, and more youthful.
- Cost-effective: Microneedling is a cost-effective alternative to more invasive procedures such as laser treatments or chemical peels. At Tree of Life Therapeutic Massage & Spa located in Plymouth, MN, we have several Microneedling package options for you to choose from. Book your Skin Consult appointment to talk with Ariel, our skincare professional, and see what’s right for you.
BENEFITS OF NANO NEEDLING
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production: Nano Needling creates tiny channels in the epidermis, triggering the skin’s natural healing response and stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. This helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation, and improve skin texture and tone.
- Enhances product absorption: The channels created by Nano Needling allow skincare products to penetrate deeper into the skin, improving their efficacy and enhancing their results.
- Improves skin hydration and elasticity: The increased collagen and elastin production stimulated by Nano Needling helps to improve skin elasticity and hydration, leaving the skin looking plump, firm, and youthful.
- Reduces skin sensitivity: Nano Needling is a gentle procedure that does not damage the skin’s barrier, making it an ideal option for those with sensitive skin.
- Improves overall skin health: Regular Nano Needling treatments can help to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin, making it look brighter, smoother, and more radiant.
- Minimally invasive: Nano Needling is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require any downtime. Patients may experience mild redness and sensitivity in the treated area for a few hours after the treatment, but can typically resume their normal activities immediately.
- Safe for all skin types and colors: Nano Needling is safe for all skin types and colors, making it an ideal option for a wide range of patients.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SERVICE
Choosing the right service can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to skincare treatments like Micro Needling and Nano Needling.
Here are some factors to consider when deciding which service is right for you:
1. Skin Concerns: The first step in deciding which service is right for you is to identify your specific skin concerns. If you have mild to moderate skin concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation, Nano Needling may be the right choice for you. If you have more significant concerns such as deep wrinkles and scarring, Micro Needling may be a better option.
2. Skin Sensitivity: Another factor to consider is your skin sensitivity. If you have sensitive skin, Nano Needling may be a better choice as it is a gentle procedure that does not damage the skin’s barrier. Micro Needling, on the other hand, may cause some redness and irritation, especially in those with sensitive skin.
3. Downtime: Micro Needling may require a longer downtime than Nano Needling. If you have a busy schedule and cannot afford to take time off from work or other activities, Nano Needling may be the better option as it typically requires minimal downtime.
4. Results: The results of Micro Needling and Nano Needling can vary depending on your skin type, concerns, and the number of treatments you receive. Micro Needling may offer more dramatic results than Nano Needling, but it also requires more downtime and may be more uncomfortable.
5: Consultation: Finally, it’s important to consult with a skincare professional to determine which service is right for you. A skincare professional can evaluate your skin type and concerns, and recommend the best treatment plan to achieve your desired results.
At Tree of Life Therapeutic Massage & Spa located in Plymouth, MN, we have several Nano Needling package options for you to choose from. Book your Skin Consult appointment to talk with Ariel, our skincare professional, and see what’s right for you.
In conclusion, choosing between Micro Needling and Nano Needling depends on your individual skin concerns, sensitivity, downtime availability, and desired results. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let our skincare professionals help you choose the right service for your skin.
All prices are subject to change.*No Refunds
Full FaceBest Value
Neck or Décolleté
BUY 3 PACKAGES GET 10% OFF
BUY 6 PACKAGES GET 20% OFF
Nano needling Prices
All prices are subject to change.*No Refunds
Add-On to Any Facial
Book Your Appointment
MICRONEEDLING & NANO NEEDLING F.A.Qs
What’s the difference between nano needling vs microneedling?
The main difference is the tip of the cartridge being used for your service. Nano-needling can also be called nano infusion because it uses tiny cone-shaped tips to infuse serums into your skin. Microneedling uses a cartridge that has small needles on the end of it that penetrate into your skin, causing tiny micro-wounds to force collagen to form.
Does Micro Needling or Nano Needling hurt?
Neither service should be painful. Your skin is numbed for micro needling, so any area you’re getting work on shouldn’t be uncomfortable. Nano infusion doesn’t require numbing and feels like vibration on the skin. On some areas of the face, such as your forehead, it could be slightly uncomfortable because your bone is closer to the skin. Both services have the ability to turn up or down the intensity of the tips being used, so be sure to vocalize to your esthetician if you do feel uncomfortable.
How will my skin look after the treatment?
Nano Needling is pretty non-invasive, so you won’t leave red or terribly flushed. Your skin may be light pink, but it will go down very quickly. With Micro Needling you should expect to be pretty flushed and/or red after the treatment. We are causing micro-wounds on your skin by puncturing tiny needles into it, so it is expected to see flushing. However, the redness should go down in a couple of hours.
What should I do to prepare for a Micro Needling or Nano Needling service?
Stay away from retinols/retinoids for at least a week leading up the appointment, and no exfoliation at least 2-3 days before. For Micro Needling, you are expected to be red after the treatment and your skin can be pretty sensitive. We advise looking ahead at your schedule and not doing any strenuous activity that can work up a sweat, and absolutely no spending time in the sun for extended periods of time without protective gear or sunscreen. Nano Needling requires much less healing time and you won’t be as sensitive as Micro Needling. We will have a full list of contraindications upon signing your paperwork, but if you have any questions about the treatments or which service is right for you, you can schedule a free consultation with our esthetician to discuss your options and treatment plan.
How many treatments are recommended to see results from Micro Needling or Nano Needling?
Nano infusion will help plump and brighten the skin right away, but because it’s not invasive as microneedling, you will need more treatments to reach your desired result. Microneedling forces collagen to form and after about 3-4 weeks post-treatment is when the collagen starts to pump out from the healing process. Typically most people will need 3-6 treatments of microneedling, possibly more depending on the severity of concerns. Remember, everyone’s skin is different and responses to treatment can vary widely. As with any goal you’re trying to achieve, it takes time and effort to get there. There is no such thing as a “one and done” service to treat all concerns and conditions on the skin. However, we can certainly create a plan together to help you achieve whatever goals you may have for your skin.
What is the downtime after Microneedling?
There is typically some redness and sensitivity in the treated area for a few days after a Microneedling treatment, but patients can typically resume their normal activities immediately. Sunscreen and makeup can be worn the day after the treatment.
Is Microneedling safe for all skin types?
Microneedling is generally safe for all skin types and colors, but it’s important to consult with a skincare professional to determine if Microneedling is the right treatment for you.
How can I prepare for a Microneedling treatment?
Before a Microneedling treatment, it’s important to avoid sun exposure and any topical skincare products that may irritate the skin. Our skincare professional can provide additional guidance on how to prepare for your treatment.
FIND MICRO NEEDLING & NANO NEEDLING SERVICES NEAR ME
You’ve found the right place!
Tree of Life Therapeutic Massage & Spa is proud to offer Microneedling and Nano Needling services to Plymouth, MN, and the surrounding areas including Wayzata, Medina, Long Lake, Maple Plain, Orono, Mound, Minnetonka, Deephaven, and Maple Grove.